St. Barnabas Chapel of Ease was constructed on Sandy Point Road in 1887 and has served the faithful in the environs of Millidgeville for more than a century. The St. Barnabas Chapel of Ease Fund will preserve and pass on the heritage and story of this historic place of worship, along with good works, through annual earnings from this permanently endowed Fund.
It had been the hope of the congregation that the now de-consecrated Anglican chapel could be put to continued good use in our community possibly through a non-profit organization. In spite of their best efforts, maintenance of the building was becoming a great challenge. When no charitable group came forward, it was recently sold. As per their wishes, the congregation is ensuring the funds remaining will continue to provide for charitable causes, for example, single parent families and seniors.
Click here for more information.