Roland and Louise Black were united in marriage in 1945 at St. Paul’s Church on Garden Street in Saint John, New Brunswick. They made a handsome couple, he, as a distinguished naval officer, and she, as a beautiful young woman with deeply rooted New Brunswick family ties. Natives of Saint John, the Blacks have made it their life-long home.
Throughout an extensive business career, Mr. Black, with Louise’s support, demonstrated an amazing talent for identifying business ventures in new and undeveloped sectors. The telecommunications sector, particularly the telephone, was evolving quickly. Mr. Black’s venture, Telephone Answering Service, responded to this need. For over twenty-five years, it grew and flourished.
Mr. and Mrs. Black continue to generously support charitable causes in the community they love through the permanently endowed Roland and Louise Black Fund which was entrusted to the Greater Saint John Community Foundation in December, 2006.
Click here for more information.