Position: Executive Assistant
Type: Permanent, full time support, 37.5 hours per week
Compensation: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
About the Community Foundation
The Community Foundation acts as a trustee of financial gifts from its donors – pooling the donations to cultivate and grow permanently endowed funds that support charitable organizations, local community needs and priorities, and inspire community leadership.
We are constantly working with donors and local charitable groups to improve the quality of life in Greater Saint John.
Reporting to the Executive Director of The Community Foundation, the Executive Assistant will manage the day-to-day administrative needs of The Foundation, support the ED with administrative and operational tasks, support marketing and fundraising projects, and act as administrative support for Foundation committees and its Board
• Liaison with donors, visitors, volunteers, and stakeholders in person and on the telephone
• Manages travel, scheduling, and general administrative duties to support the Executive Director
• Conducts research and develop briefing reports
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date electronic and paper filing system
• Updates key working papers and documents
• Assists with relevant CRA documentation
• Updates and manages donor records as needed
• Manages paper work and record keeping regarding fund creation and maintenance
• All bookkeeping duties using SAGE accounting software
• Generating financial reports for monthly financial requirements
• 360° support during granting cycles, including internal requirements, liaison with grant applicants, finalizing contracts, and follow-up with recipients
• Assist with marketing and communications projects as requested
• Social media support and management
• Updating of website content as needed
• Coordination support for Foundation events
• Attends Foundation events as required
• Additional administrative duties as required
• Completion of post-secondary education (Bachelor’s degree, certificate, or diploma) in office or business administration.
• Five years or more of related work experience of which two must be in a senior administrative assistant position.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Strong communication skills are a must.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office tools.
• Significant experience using SAGE (or similar) accounting software.
• Must be able to create, manage, and generate reports from database software.
• Should be detail-oriented.
• Can build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, partners, donors, and volunteers.
• Can prioritize tasks and projects and execute tasks effectively.
• Has a sense of urgency to complete projects and tasks in a timely manner.
• Can think critically about a problem, and take the initiative to provide solutions in accordance with accepted policies and procedures.
• Can work effectively independently, as well as part of a team.
To apply, please send your resume and letter of introduction to:
Application deadline is 4:00 pm, Friday, November 10th, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.